The alternative rainbow mountain
Get away from the crowds of the more famous Vinicunca mountain. We visit a different location!
Visit the Inca bridge of Checacupe.
Explore and photograph this location with very few other tourists. Have it for yourself and the surrounding Llamas and Alpacas.
3 Rainbow Mountains instead of 1 on the traditional Vinicunca side.
Visit the Rock Forest with a stunning view into the valley below
Focused on photography.
Tips and advice to maximise your photographic experience every step of the way.
Note: this tour involves a long drive to and from the mountain
6h00 - Pick-up from your hotel or hostel and depart from Cusco.
9h00 - Stop in Checacupe to visit the Inca bridge.
11h00 - Arrival to the Alternative rainbow Mountains.
11h10 - start the walk to the rainbow mountain, actually going through several different coloured mountains. Be ready to cross paths with the local wild life, filled with Llamas, Vicuñas and Alpacas.
13h00 - Reach the top of the rainbow mountain. time for pictures.
14h00 - Stop for lunch
15h00 - Begin the drive back to Cusco
18h00 - Arrival back in Cusco and Drop-off at the door of your hotel or hostel.
It's not just about the Rainbow Mountains. It's what you can see and photograph throughout the journey. Here's a picture of Ausangate in the backdrop on the way to the top of R.Mountain.
- Entrance to the rainbow mountain.
- Photography assistance during entire tour.
- Professional photographer guide.
- Transport in a private vehicle throughout entire day.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel in Cusco.
- Snacks and water for the day
- Personal insurance
- Mid-range zoom
- Telephoto to capture intimate details of the incredible landscape, also fun to play with compression of scale using the local alpacas against the mountains
tour price (all ages)
1 to 1 tour with our photography guide (private) : 350 USD
2 people: 210 USD (per person).
3 or more people: 170 USD (per person)